Classes Available with HOV
- Individual Drum Lessons
- Beginners to Intermediate: 8 years to 19 years old
- No previous musical background required
- A love for music and singing: a must!
- Individually structured and customized Drum and Percussion lessons
- Improve your childs confidence, guitar technique, musicianship, stagecraft and performance all whilst having fun
- Holistic approach which mentors your child to reach their potential
- Performance opportunities offered to all ages
- Artist Development and Drum development skills for bands
- AMEB, ABSRM, TRINITY & VCE Preparation offered
One thing you can count on is that HOV never underestimates Kids and Teens when it comes to playing music!
Why continue to pay for drum lessons that seem like paid practise sessions?
If your child loves music, why shouldn’t they have access to the best tools in the fundamentals of drumming, music theory and performance education?
At HOV we fuel your child’s passion/love for music, develop their technical knowledge of the drumming, drums/body, confidence, improve mindset, provide performance opportunities, give them access to ensemble/accompanying skills all whilst helping them explore the wonderful world of Drums!
With the range and scope of HOV tools and techniques, all students are given the opportunity to expand their abilities and musical knowledge, have access to a range of performance certificates and scholarships available within Melbourne to improve their musical opportunities.
HOV has a great understanding of the mindsets of children/teenagers and can bring out the best in your child’s confidence and performance potential. The sense of accomplishment and pride that comes from the progress they make in their playing, often fuels right throughout a students life, making for a more passionate, joyful, connected, confident and creative child/or teen.
VCE Units 1-4 Preparation
HOV is experienced in preparing students for their VCE units 1-2 as well as 3-4
HOV prides itself in:
- Having a good understanding of VCE requirements and standard expected
- In ability to choose the right repertoire to showcase your voice and get the mark you deserve
- The technical components required
- Having up to date information on VCE programs and masterclasses beneficial to teacher/student attendance
We work with your child and the school to develop the ideal repertoire list, suitable scales and technical material, prepare aural and sightreading and general musicianship.
VCE is an integral part of a students life, and we recognize that students need to have the best available training in which to get the mark that they deserve. Equally HOV students need to be prepared to show good commitment levels, a willingness to learn, extend, participate and show an interest in their own learning of guitar, technique as well as remaining open to the opportunities available to their preparation.
HOV has an excellent track record in preparing students for their VCE with marks only ever reflecting A+ to B+ averages.
AMEB Examination Preparation
HOV prepares any student wishing to sit their AMEB (Australian Music Examinations Board) examinations in guitar including rock school programs.
AMEB is Australias leading provider of examinations in music which upholds a prestigious history supporting the learning and achievement in music. Students are given the opportunity to advance their learning through this nationally recognized qualification.
Examinations involve presenting vocal pieces, studies, scales, aural tests/sight reading and prepared general knowledge. No matter where the student is at practically or theoretically, HOV prepares students in all areas of the examination.
With commitment and practise, students excel in their playing dramatically.
HOV has an excellent track record in AMEB preparation, with students only ever getting High Distinctions to Credit results.
Note: HOV also prepares students for ANZCA: Australian and New Zealand Culture Arts Limited Examination Board*