Led by head vocal coach, Alisha Gartland, the House of Voice provides specialist training for all singers, musicians and songwriters, from complete beginners and aspiring musicians to established professionals. We are delighted to offer premier training, with a team of teachers all exclusively trained at Victorian College of the Arts (VCA) and Melbourne University which are proud premier musical institutions for the musically elite within Australia.
Despite our accreditations, it is our philosophy of holistic training which we are most proud, recognising that to move past musical blocks we need to be trained out of habits which inhibit us in both mind, body and performance. We align singers and musicians to their true voice (whatever the instrument) through holistic and specialist methods unique to The House of Voice.
We believe in fostering supported learning, where you and your teacher are in a team with a common goal to transform your musical expression. We go out of our way to make learning a safe space which you can grow and develop knowing that you are an important member of the HOV collective and that your teacher is by your side every step of the way.
We offer training in AMEB (Australian Music Examination Board), ABSRM, Trinity and ANZCA exam preparation in all instruments as well as VCE 1-4 preparation.
The House of Voice is proud of our proven results, with Distinction-Credit averages in AMEB for over 13 years, A+/A Tertiary results for Final University Examination Recitals for all students completing their Bachelor of Music and training at HOV, A Averages in VCE 1-4 examinations (Voice). Our director has also trained singers up to being signed to major record labels, who tour the world, and have been featured in Rolling Stone, SXSW tours as well as well as in Major Musicals across Melbourne.
- Realise your vocal potential
- Excellent value for money
- Supported training
- Proven results and adaptable HOV Methods
- Practice and performance opportunity
Piano and Guitar
- Fully qualified and specialist teachers
- Complete training in technique & musicianship
- Supported training to become your best
- Structured lessons around your goals
- Learn to play your favourite songs
- Learn how to write music and lyrics
- Chord theory & arrangement
- Writing with music software or live instruments
- Record, mix & master
- Mentoring & artist development