By progressing past the initial trial lesson students, parents or parental guardians agree to the following terms and conditions:
1. Payment in full (or payment plan as negotiated and approved by The House of Voice) must be received by the due date. If payment is not made by the due date then you or your child’s position is forfeited and may be allocated to others on waiting lists.
2. Overdue accounts are subject to collection by legal means and will include collection costs incurred by The House of Voice as well as 2.5% interest charge per calendar month late. All overdue accounts will be referred to an external debt collection agency inclusive of all external costs.
3. All payments must be made to The House of Voice via electronic payment. The House of Voice Teachers cannot accept payments.
Refunds, Missed Lessons and Makeup Policy
1. Each student when assigned to the term makes a commitment to that period. Whether they finish the full term or not, that amount is payable. If you/your child have to stop lessons, the remaining term remains in credit and can be used as additional makeups in the following term for any instrument. They cannot be deducted from the following term, only additional but for any instrument.
2. There are no makeup lessons for yourself/your child if your notice was outside of 24 hour period. Unfortunately this applies to every circumstance: child’s illness, family holidays, school event etc however considerations will be given in some circumstances.
3. If you have given your absence within notice time, it will be marked as a makeup and can be made on teacher makeup days throughout the term, or when there is gap to pop you in. There is a limit to the amount of reschedules/makeups HOV will make for students.. If there are no available spaces for a makeup in the term, there will be no credit issued and the lesson will cross over into the next term for makeup or be forfeited.
4. Where lessons are missed due the fault of your teacher, a make-up class will be provided. If a makeup class is not possible then a credit (for the value of that cancelled lesson) will be placed on our account which reduces the following term fees. This will only be refunded if you do not enrol in the following term. Otherwise it will be credited as a carryover makeup for your next term. This only applies if this was the teacher’s absence.
5. We run classes on public holidays (unless otherwise advised) and students are expected to attend unless given notice within cancellation period.
6. There are no refunds or paying only the difference for change of mind or change of circumstance (eg changing schools, clash with another activity) once you have commenced the term.
7. If you or your family will be away for more than 2 weeks in a row, we must have the dates in writing and be advised at least 1-2 months prior. To hold your place in this period, makeups can be made over the course of the year. We can also offer a live zoom online lesson during your normal lesson time if you are unable to attend physically. We teach students via this (this is a program like skype) and is exactly like a normal lesson, except online!
Supervision of students only occurs during the lesson time. If the student is a child please ensure you are available to pick them up straight after each lesson, avoiding unnecessary waiting time. We are happy for you to wait inside in the waiting area however we require you to follow all the COVID procedures of social distancing and registrations. If this cannot be followed we ask that you wait in the car.
WHILST ON THE PREMISES
1. Whilst on premise parents/guardians are responsible for the supervision and of children when not in lessons at The House of Voice
2. Please respect the premises leaving the place tidy as you found it. Noise is to be kept at a minimum while other students and teachers are having lessons. No food to be consumed in the teaching rooms.
Parking is available in the street and in the car park at the station.
Access is via a sliding door and then press the bell, the teacher will come down the stairs to meet you.
Consistent practice is critical to your success on any instrument. Without regular practice you are unlikely to progress and in most cases students who fail to practice regularly each week will almost certainly give up. To avoid this, we require all students to meet the minimum practice requirements and ask that you fill in the Practice Log each day, (this is available on the student portal which you all have access to). We check this and give feedback on it each week.
You are required to bring your folder to every lesson as your folder contains the necessary materials for your lessons. Please keep the necessary components up to date and the folder in a good condition.
EXPECTATIONS OF THE STUDENT – INSTRUMENTS AND PRACTICE SCHEDULES
The student must have an instrument to practice on. We request you get an instrument before commencing your lesson. If you need help organising this please send an email and we will let you know of the music shops that we recommend.
For guitar and string instruments, the student must bring their own instrument to class.
It is vital to have an instrument to practice on in the house. Ideally, it would be in a part of the house that’s not too secluded but not too near other distractions and external noise. This also helps creates the idea of a playing an instrument being a “normal” part of everyday life.
Whilst taking lessons it is expected that there is a commitment from the student of daily practice of at least 20 mins. This will increase depending on the number of years the student has been playing. For younger preschool and beginner primary school learners, 15 mins a day can be enough during the first year, but more is certainly encouraged. Consistent daily practice is the key here.
Photographs and videos of students may be taken during lessons and recitals/concerts for marketing and training purposes. If you do not want these photographs or videos to be used please contact administration.
MEDIA AND PRIVACY
From time to time, we take photos, video, or audio recordings of students playing. This is, in part for the student’s own benefit, as it gives a measurable sense of progress to see/hear yourself at different stages of development. All images and recordings will be archived. These may also be posted to our relevant social media sites and web page in the future because we believe that good things are worth sharing. We always share things that hold the student up in the best light.
Terms and Conditions – privacy:
The House of Voice is committed to protecting your privacy. Visitors to our web-site are anonymous, but may log in using their family name and email address for the purpose of booking in a class or paying an invoice. Our web site does not provide access to any personal information. We do not collect any information from your computer without your input.
In the event that we ask for personal information, for follow-up, you provide this information solely at your discretion. If you fill out an on-line survey you may choose to remain completely anonymous. The House of Voice will never share any personal information with any third parties except where we require obtaining a third party for overdue debts.
We will not rent, sell, disclose or distribute your information to any outside parties.
In participating and attending classes at The House of Voice, you understand that:
1. You take part in the music lessons/events/shows entirely at your own risk; and
2. The organisers of the music lessons/events/shows do not accept any liability of whatsoever nature and however arising in respect of any claim, damages, loss, injury or expenses suffered directly or indirectly by any Participant/student arising out of or in connection with his/her participation in the music lessons/events/shows.
It is a requirement and the responsibility of each participant/student taking part in the music lessons/shows/events:
1. To listen carefully and follow the teacher’s instructions at all times
2. To ask the teacher to clarify the direction given by the teacher if they do not understand 3. To speak to the teacher if they are in any doubt or have any concerns
4. To act in a manner that is safe and courteous to both the teacher and other students/participants 5. To respect the property and equipment they use.
CHANGES TO TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The House of Voice reserves the right to change any/all of these terms and conditions as necessary. 1. All prices are subject to change.
Security and Privacy Statement
1. Information collected Information collected by The House of Voice is personal information, as defined by the Privacy Act 1998. This data includes your first name, last name, your child’s name, your child’s school, email address, telephone number and postal address.
2. How your information is used
The House of Voice uses your personal information so you can identify yourself when making an online booking or registration, to contact you about a booking, and to keep you informed (if you request it) of matters that may be of interest to you. Your personal information is not used for commercial purposes and is not distributed to any other organisation for any purpose.
3. Accessing your information
To access stored information that relates to you, go to the Update Details page after providing your log in details. This page allows you to change your information.
We do not accept Credit card payments and all payments are made via Electronic Transfer,
the security of your banking system verifies this confidentiality.