It is important to HOV that students have a great understanding of their instrument.
The only way this can be achieved is through in-depth guitar lessons and education centred around the individual.
HOV students learn about the body (whatever the instrument), body awareness, specialised guitar technique, musicianship, stagecraft, retraining of the mind to better influence playing and any blocks getting in the way of our success.
Programs offered for Guitar
- Individual lessons
- Duo Lessons
- Guitar For Singers
- Ensemble/Jam Performance Projects
HOV students will learn
- The development of fundamental skills that will allow you play in a wide range of styles
- Thorough knowledge of music theory and how this applies specifically to guitar
- Guitar Theory
- Solo and ensemble/group performance skills
- Accompaniment skills – both for yourself and for others
- Reading standard music notation
- Performance Preparation
- How to successfully sustain yourself as a performing musician
- AMEB & VCE Exams
- Auditions and Scholarship Preparation
Goal Setting at HOV
It is a compulsory practice for students to set goals as part of HOV Goal Program
Whether you are just beginning or you are a seasoned performer, it is important to not only direct your focus, but to continue to evolve and challenge yourself as a guitarist performer and individual.
In your first lesson at HOV, goals will be set and over weeks monitored.
Every term students touch base on these goals, rework and add so as to continually evolve and stay on track in the areas of technique, performance, mindset and performance practise.
Contact us for more information on the range of guitar lessons we undertake or for local suburbs we service throughout Melbourne such as Hughesdale, Caulfield, Brighton, Malvern and Carnegie to name a few contact us today.